If your business is in a commercial building, then most likely you will need a different roof to what you would expect on your residential home. Commercial roofers specialize in these kind of roofing systems.
Whatever your roofing needs, no job is too great or too small. Whether it’s minor repairs, scheduled maintenance or an entire new roof, our tried and tested experts can give you excellent results, every time. We can help design your roof in the exact way you need it, including structural, thermal and weather-proofing before we start the job.
We can install, repair and maintain your roof no matter how big or small the building, from apartments to high-rises, from factories to office blocks, we have the tools and experience to complete the job exactly how you need it. We can re-roof whilst the building is in use with little to no fuss, for budgets of any size.
Types of roofing
When picking the perfect new commercial roof, there are a range of roofing materials to suit your every need. All of the highest quality, each has a unique blend of materials and features to keep your roof safe and watertight. Types of roof include:
- Metal roof: your standard type of roof, made from corrugated metal panels that are attached to existing structures. Metal roofing is usually made from steel or aluminum and is incredibly light, strong and fire-resistant. Roofs made from galvanized steel can still be efficient up to 40 or 50 years later.
- Coated roof: coatings are usually applied to extend the life of your existing roof, offering a cost-effective alternative to replacing your entire roof. Coated roofs are water-tight and reflective, meaning your internal temperature is not as high in very hot weather, saving your air conditioning costs.
- Built-up roof: an excellent alternative to traditional roofing materials, built up roofs include multiple layers of felt or fabric that are laminated together with asphalt or coal tar. This type of roof cancels out noise as well as being waterproof and weather resistant. Built-up roofs last between 20 and 25 years
- Thermoplastic: these types of roof are made from a lightweight material called polyolefin and the more commonly known PVC, leading to a roof that is reflective and resistant to UV light. Thermoplastic roofs can also prevent tears, abrasions and are resistant to most chemicals. Roofs made from PVC and similar materials last for between 15 and 20 years.
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer): these types of roof are made from a synthetic rubber made primarily from oil and natural gas. EPDM roofs are resistant to UV, weathering and tearing. The life expectancy of EPDM roofs can last forty years or more.
- Bitumen / modified bitumen: bituminous felt roofs are excellent for preventing tears, abrasions and are weather resistant, and are reinforced with either polyester or fiberglass. This type of roof is most commonly used in areas that experience a lot of rainfall because they are very waterproof.
Our commercial roofing specialists can help you to pick the best roofing service and material to help finish your job, and to suit any budget.