Industrial roofing doesn’t last forever, even with the best materials and installation. Your roof might be functioning as it should for now, but this doesn’t mean there won’t be issues in the future. It is important to stay on top of the quality of your roof to maintain high productivity, employee safety, and the integrity of your building. Minor issues quickly grow into major ones and can leave you with an expensive problem. When you work with a roofing contractor like us, you can reduce the risk of expensive damages. We understand that it can be daunting to be stuck dealing with an underperforming roof without the proper support. Our roof services cover a number of issues, so you can always be confident you’re receiving a solution that makes sense for the problems you face. With quality maintenance and regular repair services, we’ve got you covered.
The Most Common Issues for Industrial Roofs
- Roof Leaks: Leaks can occur in all buildings but are especially common in industrial buildings. There are plenty of signs that you’re dealing with a leak such as mold spots, stains, puddling water, and strong odors. Leaks can be seen in the walls and ceiling, and you need to take immediate action once you notice a leak.
- Weather Damage: You cannot do anything to prevent weather, but regular roof maintenance can prevent serious damage from occurring. The better shape your roof is in, the better it can withstand weather damage. Whether it’s a hail storm or severely strong winds, extreme weather can cause serious issues for your roof. Even minor storms have the potential to cause serious damage if your roof already has underlying problems.
- Ponding Water: Ponding or standing water can be a real threat to your roof. When your roof can’t properly drain water, it begins to collect and the more water there is, the more weight there is on the roof. Heavier weight causes serious structural damage and potentially even collapse. It can also cause the roof’s material to break down increasing the risk of cracks and leaks.
- Poor Installation: If a roof is installed poorly, there is likely to be problems in the future. This is one of the most common issues with roofing. Not having a high-quality contractor come in may result in the roof aging faster, leaking frequently, losing battles to extreme weather, and much more.
- Mechanical Damage: There are instances where human error can be what leads to your roofing issues. Mechanical damage can include foot traffic, HVAC malfunctions, loose tools, and negligence or over-use. That’s why preventive maintenance is so crucial. By frequently checking your roof for signs of potential damage, the easier it is to mitigate any lingering issues.
- Gutters and Drains: Not keeping the gutters clean can cause serious roof damage. It starts out as a small problem, but if not taken care of quickly enough, it leads to a bigger one, such as leaking. With regular inspections and the proper maintenance, a roof’s gutters and drains won’t cause much of a problem. Call the professionals to have the gutters cleaned and to fix any blockage. Gutters and drains may also need to be tightened, and open joints may need sealing.
- Roof Cracking: Roof cracking can be due to poor installation of the roof, but more frequently, it’s due to a thermal shock. Over time, the sun’s powerful UV rays break down the roof’s materials. Roofing that is dark in color is especially susceptible to this type of damage. When the sun is it’s strongest, such as in the summertime, the roof expands. In cooler months when the sun is not as strong, the roof contracts. These two extremes cause several types of damage.
- Surface Erosion: Surface erosion on a roof comes in the form of splitting, blistering, and more. If not taken care of in a timely manner, surface erosion leads to even bigger problems. The roof can break down and age much faster than it should. /surface erosion is typically caused by bad weather conditions, but it’s also possible to be the cause of poor quality.
- Bird-Related Problems: No matter what the quality of your roof is, all roofing can experience bird-related problems. Birds will sometimes break off pieces of a roof’s materials, as well as add debris onto it. If a bird has found your roof as a good home base, there may be potential water damage and other damage. If they’re not breaking the roof apart, they’re building their nests, and this means that water won’t be able to escape the roof and drain correctly. Hiring a professional will ensure that the birds are removed and the roof is restored.
The best way to ensure that your industrial roof is installed well and meets its potential is to only hire the best! When it comes to industrial roofing, installation needs to be handled by a professional. Regular inspections also need to be scheduled. We provide nothing but the best roofing services. Don’t let mother nature or poor roof quality stop you from getting the most out of your industrial roof. We are here to make sure your roofing goes the distance and that common industrial roofing problems are not problems for you.