Most industrial and commercial buildings have equipment on the roof. The roof is the perfect place to keep bulky equipment out of the way. Sadly, it is not always out of sight and depending on where you stand, the equipment can be seen. Big pieces of equipment can detract from the appearance of your building and could also be damaging your image and potential business success.
Covering Unsightly Rooftop Equipment with Roof Screens
It is important to remember that the appearance of your building matters. Partners, investors, business prospects, and customers pay attention to building appearance and your brand could be damaged by the appearance of bulky roof units. The equipment is necessary, so luckily you can easily remedy this by investing in roof screens. Electrical equipment, heating, and ventilation units are all necessary components of any commercial or industrial building, but it is possible to hide them. Investing in roof screens allows you to protect your brand by keeping the equipment hidden from sight. The best part is that screens come in many colors, designs, and materials so you could end up with a stylish and appealing roof.
Screens Can Hide Many Things
There is a lot of equipment that can be hidden with the installation of a quality roof screen.
- Roof Exhaust Ventilation Fans: These push fresh air inside the building while pulling out dirty air. The bigger your building, the more of these you will have, and the worse your building can look.
- HVAC Units: These are bulky and are often lined up in several rows. They are necessary for climate and temperature management inside your building. In addition to this, ducts and pipes are always associated with HVAC units and you can often see them from ground level too.
- Cooling Towers: These work to extract unwanted heat from various sources like HVAC equipment so as to reduce the temperature of water. They are prone to rust, however, which makes them unsightly to any potential viewers.
- Service Walkways: These are often used to allow easy access to roof equipment. They may be functional but these are often located near building edges and are not so appealing to look at.
- Platforms: A number of equipment units come with platforms to raise them from the roof surface. Because of the platform, the framework and equipment become more visible from the ground.
- Solar Panels: The trendy ‘green’ movement has many buildings installing solar panels. The panels may be cool to look at, but the supports, frames, and electrical connections they come with can be unsightly.
- Communication Systems: Your building will require antennas, cellular units, and satellite dishes for communication. You won’t be able to hide a tall antenna, but a screen will cover the bulky equipment at the base, making them a little easier to look at.
All these forms of equipment are necessary and will be a part of any commercial or industrial building. There is no way to get around having the equipment, so you need to consider covering them instead. Investing in roof screens helps to protect your image by keeping the bulky units from sight. Call us today to discuss your screen options!