It can be costly to replace your roof so there are some things to consider before getting started. You have options, so you need to research all possibilities and potential roofers to ensure you get the best service and the best pricing. Every roof is susceptible to everyday wear and tear and weather damage, so replacement and repairs are likely. You need to consider the following tips before embarking on your roofing project.
Things to Know Before Replacing Your Roof
- Re-roofing: A number of people choose to re-roof over existing roofing over replacement because it is cheaper. This can actually cause you more problems and more money because heat can build up between the old and new materials, creating moisture which will collect and weaken the roofing materials. You may end up needing to replace the entire system.
- Measurements: You need to make sure you only buy the materials you need. Roofing materials can be expensive especially when you do not know exactly what you need. Hire a professional roofer to provide accurate measurements, so you can buy within your budget. It is easier to pick materials and styles once you know what fits in the budget you have.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation protects your roof which means it will last longer. Having good ventilation can protect you from costly replacements. Quality ventilation regulates temperatures to keep your roof cool in the summer and prevent moisture from collecting during the winter. Ask about ventilation options available to ensure your roof lasts as long as possible.
- Materials: Roofing systems consist of more the top material. There are wood and sealant under rubber membranes and if these are bad, replacing the top layers will not save the roof. You need to hire a professional roofer to inspect the full roof system and evaluate where repairs are needed before deciding to replace the entire thing.
- Reputation: Hire only an experienced and professional roofer and to locate the one you should do some research first. There are many to choose from in the area but a good roofer will inspect the property and provide an estimate first. You should also check reviews from previously satisfied customers as well as posts left on review boards to find a reputable roofer.
Conduct some research and evaluate your options before deciding on roof replacement. Find a qualified roofer to inspect your property and provide possible roofing options. We will offer FREE inspections and estimates as well as suggestions to fit every problem and every budget. Call us today to make an appointment and get your roof in top shape tomorrow.